Thursday, October 10, 2013

Infinity #4

   I admit that I'm a big fan of Thor (as my recent post on the "Top 10 issues by Stan and Jack" should prove), so the cover helped this issue jump to the top of my reading stack.

   And I'm glad it did! The previous issues of Infinity (and Avengers and New Avengers) have all been building up the impossible foe, the towering menace by both the ancient race of Builders and the more recent mad god, Thanos.

   And here we see the heroes standing up to those foes with varying degrees of success - and with widespread carnage.

   In addition to Thor's turn in the spotlight, we also learn some vital information about the Inhumans, and something happens here that's going to have an impact on the next big event to hit the Marvel Universe.

   As always, the story by Jonathan Hickman is compelling. The art by Jerome Opena and Dustin Weaver is vivid, complex and stunning.

   I think - depending on the wrap-up - this may be Marvel's best event in a long, long time (and maybe ever). Can't wait to see where it goes from here!

Grade: A

-------------------

1 comment:

Tom Dearing, APR said...

This mini-series is astoundingly good.