Sunday, September 7, 2014

Usagi Yojimbo: Senso #2 (of 6)

   I carry few regrets through my comics collecting "career," but one is that I haven't bought every issue of Usagi Yojimbo (though I have picked up quite a few).

   Each issue is a marvel of story construction, great characters and terrific art - and this mini-series, Senso, is no exception.

   It takes the series in a unique direction, as a battle between warring factions is rudely interrupted (apparently) by a crashing space ship. And the first thing to emerge from the ship is... no, that would be telling.

   It all propels the cast into a completely different war - though one with some familiar (and terrifying) elements.

   It's a powerful return for this series!

   So avoid my mistakes - this series is highly recommended!

Grade: A

---------------------

No comments: