Sunday, November 1, 2015

Where Monsters Dwell #5 (of 5)

   (Life has had your pal Chuck hopping lately, so I've fallen behind on my reviews - so here's a couple of quick reviews to get us back on track.)

   By all rights, I should hate the Where Monsters Dwell series - it takes an established hero (who I liked) - the Phantom Eagle, a World War I pilot - and turns him into a jerk, with no morals and no redeeming qualities at all.

   And this issue focuses on his final fate, as he sacrifices... well, that would be telling.

   It's only the humor (and the lovely artwork) that keeps this series in line - and I have to admit, it's fun it an offbeat and perverse way.

   Not recommended for kids, and worth buying just for the Frank Cho covers. Silly but fun.

Grade: B+

--------------------------
 

No comments: