Friday, April 15, 2016

All-New, All-Different Avengers #8

   Give Mark Waid credit for making this issue of All-New, All-Different Avengers a lot more fun than I would have expected.

   It's part of the multi-issue, crossing-between-different-titles story called Avengers Standoff - so I'm working at a disadvantage here, because I haven't been reading any of the other tie-ins.

   Luckily, Waid knows how to tell a story, and Adam Kubert provides terrific art.

   Waid recaps the situation, wherein a sentient cosmic cube, taking the form of a girl, has wiped the memories of two teams of heroes - the ANAD Avengers and the Uncanny Avengers.

   They're caught in a town known as Pleasant Hill, which is (rather improbably) serving as a secret prison for super-villains.

   But even when the heroes regain their memories - but not necessarily their powers - can they survive an attack by an army of villains?

   You'll have to buy three more spin-off issues to find out. (Someone let me know how it goes - I won't be buying those, either.)

   But I liked this one.

Grade: B+

-------------------

No comments: